WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information you provide directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- • A number of our Services enable users to create accounts or profiles. In connection with these Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up the account or profile. For example, you can submit certain information about yourself, such as your name and email address, when you create a Optiva Account.
- • If you order a product or paid service from us, we may ask for your name, contact information, shipping and billing address(es), and credit card information in order to process your order.
- • Some of our Services enable you to communicate with other people. Those communications will be transmitted through and stored on our systems.
Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
- • Device information —such as your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- • Log information —such as the time and duration of your use of the Service, search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device.
- • Location information —such as your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services.
- • Voice information —such as recordings of your voice that we make (and may store on our servers) when you use voice commands to control a Service. (Note that we work with a third-party service provider that provides speech-to-text conversion services on our behalf. This provider may receive and store certain voice commands.)
- • Other information —about your use of the Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
Information from third-party sources
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Other Information We Collect
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information (e.g., information we request during Optiva Account registration), but doing so may affect your ability to use some Services.
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- • to register you or your device for a Service;
- • to provide a Service or feature you request;
- • to provide customized content and make recommendations based on your past activities on our Services;
- • for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- • to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- • to provide maintenance services for your device;
- • to conduct free prize drawings, prize competitions or promotions, as permitted by law; and
- • otherwise with your consent.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Affiliates. Your information may be shared among Optiva affiliates.
- Business Partners. We also may share your information with trusted business partners, including wireless carriers. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request (e.g., video content provided by Netflix through SmartTV), make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
- Service providers. We also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Optiva, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We also may make available to you certain products or services (e.g., apps available through Optiva Apps) developed by third parties. Optiva is not responsible for these third-party products or services.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them. Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings.
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
By accessing and using our Services, you consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us and by the third parties mentioned above.
Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Optiva currently does not take action in response to these signals, but, if and when a standard is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to these signals.
[Improve them and develop new products and services]: We may use information we collect to understand the way you use the products and services we offer so that we can improve them and develop new products and services. For example, we may use this information to make better-informed decisions about the design of our devices and the selection of Optiva and third-party content that is accessible through our devices and services.
[Affiliates]: The term ‘affiliates’ refers to companies related to Optiva Electronics Co. Ltd. by common ownership or control. Our affiliates include companies with the Optiva Electronics name, such as Optiva Electronics Limited. Affiliates may also include other companies related by common ownership or control, such as Optiva Information Systems America.
Further information If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
Optiva General Trading LLC.
Silver Tower Office 1904,
Business Bay Abraj St.
P.O. Box 413935, Dubai, UAE.