Respect for the environment is a Optiva priority. Our batteries are emissions-free and we are reducing their entire environmental footprint. We take legal requirements on health and safety and environmental protection as a minimum.
Efficient use of resources and reducing our impact on the environment are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to high standards of environmental stewardship and to developing sustainably-responsible products. From eco-design, life-cycle assessments, recycling raw materials and reducing our own emissions to ensuring that our customers can recycle spent batteries, we are investing in our sustainable future.
A great example is Optiva’s revolutionary, lithium-ion rechargeable technology. Not only does it offer improved performance, extending the lifetime of industrial batteries, but it significantly cuts their environmental impact.
- Our batteries are zero CO2 energy-storage devices
- Li-ion technology provides innovative and sustainable energy
- Advanced batteries tailored to customer needs increase our customers’ energy efficiency
- Our batteries are designed to be recycled as easily as possible, without compromising performance
- Our take-back network (Bring Back Points) recycles used nickel-based batteries
- More than 75 percent of materials from returned, spent batteries are extracted to be reused by industry
- Optiva is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our manufacturing operations
- Optiva always strives to exceed compliance with national laws and regulations governing environmental protection
- Recognize that environmental responsibility goes hand in hand with manufacturing world-class products
- Hold all required environmental permits and keep them up to date
Monitor and minimize plant releases to air, water and soil
- Give preference to recycling over disposal whenever safe and economically possible
- Ensure safe treatment of hazardous production waste
Adhere to all laws prohibiting the use of specific substances